Page Request Parser Error Exception with AJAX-enabled page

JM_newsgroups

Hi,

When I do a postback on a particular AJAX-enabled page, I get a popup
that says: "Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerParserErrorException: The
message received could not be parsed. . . . "

It comes and goes, and I only get the message once. A second submit
does not produce the message. Any ideas? I can provide a screen
capture of the dialog box if needed. I am not doing a call to
Response.Write(), filters, etc.

Thanks,

JM

JM_newsgroups

Hi,

When I do a postback on a particular AJAX-enabled page, I get a popup
that says: "Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerParserErrorException: The
message received could not be parsed. . . . "

It comes and goes, and I only get the message once. A second submit
does not produce the message. Any ideas? I can provide a screen
capture of the dialog box if needed. I am not doing a call to
Response.Write(), filters, etc.

Thanks,

JM

This thread was quite helpful:

http://forums.asp.net/t/1045716.aspx?PageIndex=1

Rick Strahl

Can you capture the Http trace to the page? Using Fiddler, FireBug or
Charles see what gets sent to the server when one of those requests fail.

If it comes and goes it sounds a lot like a proxy problem of some sort
actually - like the data is not getting there correctly.

+++ Rick ---

Rick Strahl
West Wind Technologies
www.west-wind.com/weblog