Page Scrapping with sessions

Deepanshu

Hi Members of Ruby Group
I have recently entered the beautiful world of Ruby and it is really
wonderful language to learn (still learning though)

I need some help on a topic as to how can i screen scrap a web page
which requires authentication(login name and password ) . After that
the page is forwarded to a new aspx page for which the screen scraping
is to be done.
How to maintain sessions on the same request and how to set cookies if
any exists for the page. I tried finding answers on the group but i
found a very old thread which also looked in the problem but not
taking WEB2.0 perspective the thread link is

http://groups.google.com/group/comp...n+scraping+after+login+page+#f8a84cc942ca4f97

Any help in the regard will be beneficial

Thanks

7

7stud --

Deepanshu said:
Hi Members of Ruby Group
I have recently entered the beautiful world of Ruby and it is really
wonderful language to learn (still learning though)

I need some help on a topic as to how can i screen scrap a web page
which requires authentication(login name and password ) . After that
the page is forwarded to a new aspx page for which the screen scraping
is to be done.
How to maintain sessions on the same request and how to set cookies if
any exists for the page.

Mechanize does it automatically for you.