Page shows in FIrefox, IE7 but not IE6

Discussion in 'HTML' started by OccasionalFlyer, Dec 4, 2008.

  1. OccasionalFlyer, Dec 4, 2008

  2. OccasionalFlyer

    SAZ Guest

    In article <1fe868dd-83d8-409a-9d52-
    >, says...
    > I've got a set of web pages that begins at
    > http://www.apu.edu/library/help/subjectresources/exegesis/
    > I can get to this page successfully in Firefox and in IE7, but not
    > IE6. I'm not doing anything really special. How can I figure out
    > what the problem is? Thanks.

    No problem here - I'm viewing it right now in IE6.

    SAZ, Dec 4, 2008

  3. On Dec 4, 8:48 am, Ed Mullen <> wrote:
    > OccasionalFlyer wrote:
    > >   I've got a set of web pages that begins at
    > >http://www.apu.edu/library/help/subjectresources/exegesis/
    > > I can get to this page successfully in Firefox and in IE7, but not
    > > IE6.  I'm not doing anything really special.  How can I figure out
    > > what the problem is?   Thanks.

    > It works fine here in every browser including IE6.
    >
    > Are you using a firewall that could be blocking IE6?
    >
    > What error message do you get in IE6 when you try to go to that URL?
    > What happens?

    I was getting a "Cannot display page" but now that seems to be gone.
    That's even worse to have it working now because I don't know what's
    wrong. Thanks anyway, thoiugh.

    OccasionalFlyer, Dec 5, 2008
  4. OccasionalFlyer

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    OccasionalFlyer <> wrote:

    > That's even worse to have it working now because I don't know what's
    > wrong. Thanks anyway, thoiugh.

    I wonder what we can do to help you get it to not work again?

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Dec 5, 2008
  5. OccasionalFlyer

    Chaddy2222 Guest

    On Dec 5, 12:04 pm, OccasionalFlyer <> wrote:
    > On Dec 4, 8:48 am, Ed Mullen <> wrote:
    >
    > > OccasionalFlyer wrote:
    > > >   I've got a set of web pages that begins at
    > > >http://www.apu.edu/library/help/subjectresources/exegesis/
    > > > I can get to this page successfully in Firefox and in IE7, but not
    > > > IE6.  I'm not doing anything really special.  How can I figure out
    > > > what the problem is?   Thanks.

    > > It works fine here in every browser including IE6.

    > > Are you using a firewall that could be blocking IE6?

    > > What error message do you get in IE6 when you try to go to that URL?
    > > What happens?

    > I was getting a "Cannot display page" but now that seems to be gone.
    > That's even worse to have it working now because I don't know what's
    > wrong.  Thanks anyway, thoiugh.

    Fix your one validation error.
    http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=h...(detect automatically)&doctype=Inline&group=0

    Chaddy2222, Dec 5, 2008