page still processing after request is cancelled ??

JM

i have an aspx page that imports 15k records from ms access into sql
server. the page is running pretty slow, so i have to reevaulate the
code. I tested the page, while is was processing, i hit the stop button
in my browser, and even went to a different site. however the rowks keep
getting inserted into the db. How can this be, i don't have the page
loaded in my browser any more, i even loaded a different external
website, but the rows still keep getting processed. I thought that if
you cancel a request it will stop processing.