page test + page design.

Fro

Hi,

Could you pleas check the design of my page. Pleas notice that on the
top-right there is a link "design" which allows you to change the main
color of the page. Does the "color change" helps you to adjust the
page appearance? What about the background is that not too
"aggressive"?

One person told me that clicks on the "sign in" and "register" links
on the top redirect him to a "black" pages. I cannot reproduce this
problem. Does it happens in your browser?

Thank you.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Fro said:
Could you pleas check the design of my page. Pleas notice that on the
top-right there is a link "design" which allows you to change the
main color of the page. Does the "color change" helps you to adjust
the page appearance? What about the background is that not too
"aggressive"?

I clicked on "Magenta" and got this:

Not Found
The requested URL /.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use
an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
One person told me that clicks on the "sign in" and "register" links
on the top redirect him to a "black" pages. I cannot reproduce this
problem. Does it happens in your browser?

Yes. There is a page, but it has no content. Nothing but a black
background.

And still lots of errors and all the other mistakes you've been told
about.

Fro

I clicked on "Magenta" and got this:
Not Found
The requested URL /.php was not found on this server.
OK. Thank you. It is probably something to do with the PHP-sessions. I
have to check it.
Yes. There is a page, but it has no content. Nothing but a black
background.
What is the URL of the page?
And still lots of errors and all the other mistakes you've been told
about.
What do you mean? I got the "Valid HTML 4.01 Strict" document. As far
as I understand it means that I have no errors in the html code.

rf

Fro said:
OK. Thank you. It is probably something to do with the PHP-sessions. I
have to check it.

What is the URL of the page?

What do you mean? I got the "Valid HTML 4.01 Strict" document. As far
as I understand it means that I have no errors in the html code.

What about the twelve CSS errors?

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Fro said:
OK. Thank you. It is probably something to do with the PHP-sessions. I
have to check it.

What is the URL of the page?

What do you mean? I got the "Valid HTML 4.01 Strict" document. As far
as I understand it means that I have no errors in the html code.

You've changed it since I looked. Completely different.

Oh, when I click on a "Cancel" link, there is no page.

richard

Hi,

Could you pleas check the design of my page. Pleas notice that on the
top-right there is a link "design" which allows you to change the main
color of the page. Does the "color change" helps you to adjust the
page appearance? What about the background is that not too
"aggressive"?

One person told me that clicks on the "sign in" and "register" links
on the top redirect him to a "black" pages. I cannot reproduce this
problem. Does it happens in your browser?

Thank you.

If there is anything I can not stand, it is blue lettering on black
backgrounds.
Just make the opening page white.

mynameisnobodyodyssea

OK. Thank you. It is probably something to do with the PHP-sessions. I
have to check it.

If you change colours server-side, maybe consider instead
giving the option to select colour scheme browser-side.
You could use alternate stylesheets, it works in Firefox
but not in IE.
alistapart.com has an article about using JavaScript
to make alternate style sheets usable in other browsers
http://www.alistapart.com/articles/alternate/

Fro

Dark purple text on black background? Perhaps you are not seeing
this?
Yes, I am not seeing this. And I have no ideas why you do not see what
I am seeing. Which browser do you use? I use Mozilla. Does you allow
to accept cookies?

Fro

You've changed it since I looked. Completely different.I did not change it since my first post.
Oh, when I click on a "Cancel" link, there is no page.
Could you give me the URL of the page?

Fro

If there is anything I can not stand, it is blue lettering on black
backgrounds.
Just make the opening page white.
It should not be white. It should not be black. Some peoples told me
that they start to see my page correctly after they reload it.

Fro

Well, I'm actively working on web page color schemes and I have to
ask, just what is the point?
The point is that I am also working on web page color schemes and my
page seems to be nice to me.

Fro

"There are a lot of different banner exchange services on the web." But
this one is MINE! Without me, my banner exchange service is useless!
Without my banner exchange service, I am useless! :)

Vary nice. Thank you. I really hope you are not useless in this life.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Fro wrote:

[Beauregard wrote:]
Please do not strip attributes.
I did not change it since my first post.

Could you give me the URL of the page?

When I click on the "Cancel!" link here:
http://www.showandbeshown.com/sign_up_wiki.php
or here:
http://www.showandbeshown.com/login.php
or if I click on a color:
http://www.showandbeshown.com/.php?id=&sentence_id=

Not Found
The requested URL /.php was not found on this server.

What is "/.php" ?

You also must be storing colors, by user, on your server based on IP
addresses. I have both cookies and JavaScript disabled in several
browsers, yet a color choice sticks. My IP address from cable almost
never changes, but dialup people do with every access. Some ISPs,
notably AOL, use several IPs during one dialup session.

At least, after a color is chosen, the text on your main page is finally
visible. Otherwise, it is black on black.

dorayme

<[email protected]
,
Yes, I am not seeing this. And I have no ideas why you do not see what
I am seeing. Which browser do you use? I use Mozilla. Does you allow
to accept cookies?

Firefox, Safari, Opera, iCab, Camino, MacIE5. I not only accept
cookies, I welcome them, I like the ones with real dark chocolate
chips or almonds.

Jeff

Fro said:
The point is that I am also working on web page color schemes and my
page seems to be nice to me.

Then you've pleased yourself.

But what value does this give your users? It appears to me that you are
only trying to "sell" a banner exchange. There's nothing of any value as
not only don't your users know what colors are chosen but the color
schemes are all just monochromatic and mostly hideous.

Jeff