Page to Create New Record/FormView

Jonathan Wood

One thing I've spent a lot of time doing is creating a page where the user
enters data for a new database record. I need to layout all the controls,
implement any validation controls, and handle a submit button.

For my current project, I'd like to be more efficient. So I'm playing with
the FormView a little. I'm able to display a record. And if I select the
Edit template in the designer, I can see edit boxes for each field, but I
haven't figured out how to use this control to enter a new record at
runtime.

Any tips? And I assume validation must still be done manually?

Thanks!

Jonathan

Jonathan Wood

I found the DefaultMode property. Looks like that's the answer. And any
validation must be done manually.

Jonathan