Page Unavailable?

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Giles, Sep 12, 2003.

  1. Giles

    Giles Guest

    I have a site hosted on IIS6 by an ISP. When my page loads, it saves some
    information from a form into an Access DB, then reads the entire record,
    including the new data

    Set Conn...
    Conn.Open...
    set RS...
    Conn.Execute UPDATE mytable WHERE...
    RS.Open...
    read data
    RS.close - set = nothing
    Conn.close - set=nothing
    Response.write data

    The page is actually 20 pages, the text selected to display is chosen by
    Select Case request.querystring("p"). It's size is 70k.

    It works fine on LocalHost, but "The page cannot be found.The page you are
    looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily
    unavailable." appears about 1 time in 10 on the web site.

    It then appears OK if the Refresh button is clicked. Any ideas why? (only 1
    user logged on, so not too much traffic)

    Thanks in advance
    Giles
    Giles, Sep 12, 2003

  2. Giles

    dlbjr Guest

    Can I see the code?
    Does it have allot of string concatenation?

    -dlbjr

    invariable unerring alien
    dlbjr, Sep 12, 2003

  3. Giles

    Giles Guest

    It's on
    www.verifiedlearning.com/input.txt (was called input.asp)
    Don't think there is much string concatenation - most of the user-editable
    fields are memo. There is quite a lot of asp processing though.

    Giles, Sep 12, 2003