page validation and Opera 7x

PCH

I've run into a big problem with Opera 7x users.

It appears that most pages do not render the panels correctly, and form
validation does not fire at all.

I tracked down some threads about the machine.config file and opera. I
changed some of the filter options on the Opera case to match IE5.5+s
settings, that got me around the panel problem (it was rendering them as
table tags instead of divs!!!).

But I cannot get the client side javascript to fire. I looked at the
rendered html source from an ie6 browser and the opera 7x browser, and then
now appear to be the same. But the jscript doesnt work for page validation
still.

Any ideas?

PCH

This is what I kept seeing last night as well.

So basically asp.net page validation is only usefull for IE. Thats about as
bad as it can get for microsoft.

And how the netscape / opera browsers render the page (panels to tables
instead of divs) thats really professional.

Does anyone have any alterations to the machine.config file to get the
netscape/opera clients to render correctly?

bruce barker

the client side validation code will only work with IE as it uses IE's
proprietary extensions, not the W3C equivalents.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)