  1. Hi all gurus,
    I've found no article about my question. Is it possible from ASP.NET
    to call a page without the buttons to move back and forward?

    Saverio Tedeschi, Dec 2, 2003

  2. If I understand your question, the answer is no. The
    appearance (or lack thereof) of the forward and backward
    navigation buttons is a function of the browser, not of
    the page being rendered. While it *may* be possible for
    a page to control the buttons for IE, that some code
    would be highly unlikely to work for other browsers. And
    I say *may* because I have no idea whether it is even
    possible. I suspect not.

    The generic solution to the problem of keeping users from
    clicking on the back/forward button is a programming
    challenge. First, you would need to define the headers
    to expire the content. At the very least, this would
    force the user to refresh the page before seeing the
    content. Second, the pages need to keep track of where
    they are within the application. For example, certain
    pages would only be available if the previous page was
    Page A or Page B. Navigating from any other page would
    cause an error screen (or some other generic page) to be
    displayed. Trust me when I say this is not trivial to
    set up.

    Hope this helps (even though it may not be what you want
    to hear).

    Bruce Johnson
    http://www.ObjectSharp.com/Bruce

    Bruce Johnson, Dec 2, 2003

  3. Thank you for your fast and complete reply. Unfortunately, it sounds
    like what I expected.

    Saverio Tedeschi, Dec 2, 2003