    allow a page to work with FF

    thanks
    gabriel

    Gaby, Jun 30, 2006

  2. It's probably going to be HTML or CSS related.

    Very hard for us to point out the issue when we don't know what "wasnt
    functioning" or "works fine" means, nor can we see the page in question for
    ourselves, because you didn't bother posting the URL or giving any specific
    details whatsoever.

    Please post your page to an HTML or CSS newsgroup...

    Aaron Bertrand [SQL Server MVP], Jun 30, 2006

  3. Gaby

    Gaby Guest

    sorry,
    let something out.
    specifically whats happening is when the link is clicked on one page it
    is supposed to go to whatever.com/2005Pictures/index.asp.

    On firefox it is going to whatever.com/2005Pictures%5Cindex.asp
    and giving me the eroor " The system cannot find the file specified."

    What causes this.... can i fix it?

    Gaby, Jun 30, 2006
  4. Gaby

    Gaby Guest

    Thats why i went back and added the second posting. I was explaning
    how the links on the addresses change which lieads to a page being
    opned that does not exist.
    I didnt post the exact URL but i did post a pretty close example of the
    links in question so you could see how the addresses changed.

    Gabriel

    Gaby, Jun 30, 2006
  5. My guess is that you either copied and pasted a link with a bad character in
    place of a slash (and IE is more forgiving than Firefox) or you saved it
    with a funky editor or in a bad format.

    I suggest opening the ASP page in NotePad, re-typing the URL by hand, making
    sure to save as ANSI and not unicode, big-endian or UTF-8, and re-deploying
    the page.

    Aaron Bertrand [SQL Server MVP], Jun 30, 2006
  6. Gaby

    Gaby Guest

    yea,
    that was it Aaron. one of my links had a back slash instead of a
    foward slash. I never noticed it cause IE accepted it. I just ofund
    it now going through all the links on the page.

    Thanks again,
    Gabriel

    Thanks for

    Gaby, Jun 30, 2006