page wont work in firefox

Gaby

i was informed that one of out pages wasnt working. the user was on
firefox and said our page wasnt functioning but whenever i use IE it
works fine. is there any reason or something in the code that wouldnt
allow a page to work with FF

thanks
gabriel

Aaron Bertrand [SQL Server MVP]

It's probably going to be HTML or CSS related.

Very hard for us to point out the issue when we don't know what "wasnt
functioning" or "works fine" means, nor can we see the page in question for
ourselves, because you didn't bother posting the URL or giving any specific
details whatsoever.

Please post your page to an HTML or CSS newsgroup...

Gaby

sorry,
let something out.
specifically whats happening is when the link is clicked on one page it
is supposed to go to whatever.com/2005Pictures/index.asp.

On firefox it is going to whatever.com/2005Pictures%5Cindex.asp
and giving me the eroor " The system cannot find the file specified."

What causes this.... can i fix it?

Gaby

Thats why i went back and added the second posting. I was explaning
how the links on the addresses change which lieads to a page being
opned that does not exist.
I didnt post the exact URL but i did post a pretty close example of the
links in question so you could see how the addresses changed.

Aaron Bertrand [SQL Server MVP]

My guess is that you either copied and pasted a link with a bad character in
place of a slash (and IE is more forgiving than Firefox) or you saved it
with a funky editor or in a bad format.

I suggest opening the ASP page in NotePad, re-typing the URL by hand, making
sure to save as ANSI and not unicode, big-endian or UTF-8, and re-deploying
the page.

Gaby

yea,
that was it Aaron. one of my links had a back slash instead of a
foward slash. I never noticed it cause IE accepted it. I just ofund
it now going through all the links on the page.

Thanks again,
Gabriel

Thanks for