page1 page2 ????

yabba

2 asp pages

From page1 I open a new window... page2.

Does page2 know the parent page/wsindow and more inportantly can page2 somehow
update the parent page?

Something in the form of "<a href='page1.asp?update=true'>Update</a>" run from
page 2 or perhaps something via jscript?

Thanks for any ideas

Jeff Cochran

On Thu, 02 Sep 2004 07:46:10 -0700,
2 asp pages

From page1 I open a new window... page2.

Does page2 know the parent page/wsindow and more inportantly can page2 somehow
update the parent page?

Something in the form of "<a href='page1.asp?update=true'>Update</a>" run from
page 2 or perhaps something via jscript?

Not in ASP as such. ASP.NET should be able to do this, and you could
possibly do this with client side code.

Jeff

Jeff Cochran

Try to access "referer" HTTP filed.

Every HTTP requests that are created via
a link in a page normally contains a "referer",
in ASP you must use the Request object :

Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_REFERER")

Try this link for more info :
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/iissdk/iis/ref_vbom_reqocsv.asp

If the OP really meant a new page instead of a window, you can perhaps
get this, but with "parents" as he describes it's opening a new
window. And you still can't update the referring page based on data
in the second page in ASP.

Jeff