Page_Load event not firing

Brad Wood

I've built a simple ASP app that runs fine on my desktop. When I deploy
it to a server, the page opens, but the Page_Load doesn't fire. I'm
setting the text of a label in the event, and the label always shows
it's static text.

When I change the static text of the page and re-upload, the new static
text appears. I even downloaded the page's .dll on the server and
opened it with reflector and verified that code exists for the page
event and that the method is wired up to the page's handler for the load
event.

Is there some setting or security configuration on the server that is
preventing ASP code from running (I don't know that the page would load
at all if this was the case)? What else might be causing this?

Guest

Has the page lost it's knowledge of the appropriate code-behind? Is the
server tag at the top of the html correct?

Was the aspx somehow excluded from the project so that the compile did not
keep any code-behind?

Shootin-in-the-dark...

Brad Wood

Brad said:
Has the page lost it's knowledge of the appropriate code-behind? Is the
server tag at the top of the html correct?
The main server tag looks good; it references the proper code file.
Was the aspx somehow excluded from the project so that the compile did not
keep any code-behind?
Don't really know how to check that, but wouldn't either of these
problems cause the page to work incorrectly on my desktop?