Page_Load

Tony Johansson

Hello!

Page_Load event is called every time a page is loaded is the documentation
saying.
I just wonder what exactly does this mean ?

If I have a request on a page and set a break point in this Page_Load it
will stop there.

//Tony

Gregory A. Beamer

Page_Load event is called every time a page is loaded is the
documentation saying.
I just wonder what exactly does this mean ?

It means it is called every time a page is loaded, which means every
time there is a Request from a browser.

Realistically, the pattern is:

if(!Page.IsPostBack)
{
//Stuff when the page is initially loaded (GET)
}
else
{
//Stuff that runs on 100% of Postbacks (POST)
//Generally, you put code in event handlers
//not here. If you find yourself coding here
//you are probably using bad architecture.

There are other events that run every time the page is requested. NOTE:
Page_Load is for loading pages. It applies to all pages. If you have
event handlers, put conditionals there.

Peace and Grace,

--
Gregory A. Beamer (MVP)