(Paged)DataSet and binding

lc

I know this is the 3rd post, sorry about this. This may be a lame
question but it drives me nuts.

At design-time, a datalist is hooked up to a dataset and it would work
as expected at run-time. Then I added code for paging (with)
PagedDataSet but the paging wouldn't work until I removed design-time
datalist binding.

I tried to remove the binding in code but it doesn't help either:

DataList1.DataMember = "";
DataList1.DataSource = null;
MyAdapter.Fill( OriginalDataSet.Tables[ 0 ] );
dsPaged.DataSource = OriginalDataSet.Tables[ 0 ].DefaultView;
DataList1.DataSource := dsPaged;
DataList1.DataBind();

I'm more or less still new to asp.net and this seems rather odd to me.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

lc