PageRequestManagerParserErrorException

Jones

Hello,

I have an ajax enabled application with a master page and am also
using ajax extensions update panel. On my page I've got a grid view
that's connected to an objectdatasource which is pointing to a sql
database. I've also got a dropdownlist box which servers as a filter
when selected. I'd like to save this selection to session variable so
that when the user goes to other pages and then comes back the filter
is saved. However, the first time I make a selection and try to set
the session variable in the SelectedIndexChanged event
(Session["SelectedCategory"] = (sender as DropDownList).Text;) I get
the following error:

Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerParserErrorException: The message
received from the server could not be parsed. Common causes for this
error are when the response is modified by calls to Response.Write(),
response filters, HttpModuels, or server trace is enabed.
Details: Error parsing near '</TBODY></TABLE>
<head>
'
..

After this occurs I can move to other pages and then come back and the
dropdownlist and filter works ok. However, my session variable still
doesn't always save properly and is sometimes cleared out and the
filter is not saved when I come back to that page.

Anyone know what these issues might be?

Thanks,

Gary Jones