PageRequestManagerServerErrorException when using server.transfer

Guest

We recently upgraded to ASP.NET 2 AJAX Beta 2 an since we are encountering
the following problem:

STEPS:

1- navigate to a page containing a UpdatePanel using SERVER.TRANSFER
2- click on a button (regardless of type: button, linkButton, imageButton)
3- (first) async call works fine

4 - click again to make second async call and somehow the page path becomes
invalid; the page name is correct but the path seems to belong to the
referer!! (Consequently a 404 server response is returned by the server. see
attached error message )

NOTE: accessing the page using a hyperlink (instead of server.transfer) does
not trigger any problem; unfortunetly our site navigation relies on
server.transfer and using hyperlinks is not an option.

Can you help?

here is the message:

Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerServerErrorException: An unknown error
occurred while processing the request on the server. The status code returned
from the server was: 404

here is the code of our simple test page:

<%@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="beta2Test.aspx.vb"
Inherits="restricted_beta2Test" %><%@ Register
Assembly="Microsoft.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"Namespace="Microsoft.Web.UI" TagPrefix="asp"
%>

<head runat="server">

<title>Untitled Page</title>

</head>

<form id="form1" runat="server">

<asp:ScriptManager runat="server">

</asp:ScriptManager>

<asp:UpdatePanel runat="server">

<ContentTemplate>

<asp:Label runat="server" ID="lbltext"></asp:Label>

<asp:TextBox runat="server" ID="txtText"></asp:TextBox>

<asp:LinkButton runat="server" ID="lnkBtnText" Text="submit"></asp:LinkButton>

</ContentTemplate>

</asp:UpdatePanel>

</form>

Partial Class restricted_beta2Test

Inherits System.Web.UI.Page

Protected Sub lnkBtnText_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As
System.EventArgs) Handles lnkBtnText.Click

lbltext.Text &= ";" & txtText.Text

End Sub

End Class

TIA
Rachel

Guest

Just to add this occurs when the first page is under a different folder
structure to the second page.

The final path when we receive the error is returned with the first pages
folder structure and the second (correct) pagename .aspx file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as are whole site works with
server.transfer and we do not want to continue to develop for beta 1 as there
are so many changes in the namespaces, classes etc.

I have a demo site of the issue that I can email anyone who is interested.

TIA
Rachel