Pages inherit from base class fail but not those from System.Web.UI.Page

Hillbilly

I just deployed using FTP to send .aspx and .cs files alike and discovered
the base class I use with Master Pages is apparently causing
problems --unidentified at the moment-- but a test page that inherits from
System.Web.UI.Page and its MasterPage loads fine.

I imagine this context may have occurred for others using a base class and
wonder if there is somewhere you might recommend I start to determine why
and how to resolve...

George

Well if you have unidentified problem then we have an unidentified
solution....

Seriously..
I am using inheritance (when my pages inherit my own custom class) for my
aspx pages extensively and had problems occasionally but always was because
of my own bugs and they were never unidentified.

George

Hillbilly

Yea I know what you mean and I did not explain much to go on because I was
really asking in general. Like maybe somewhere in the inheritance lineage or
whatever. This is my first project using a base class. I have however
figured out all on my own that its not possible to connect to the database
without a connection string :)

Hillbilly

Everything resolved I suppose. More black magic as I did nothing to the base
class but once I requested the site 3-4 times it decided to compile and
load.