    it ?

    Thanks in advance,

    Rick
    Rick, Jul 17, 2007

  2. Why dont you just try it. Create a folder and copy your files.

    The defaults in IIS doesn't relate the the root folder, it relates to files
    that IIS should seek out when presented with only a path, not a file name.

    Regards

    John Timney (MVP)
    http://www.johntimney.com
    http://www.johntimney.com/blog

    John Timney \(MVP\), Jul 17, 2007

  3. Depends on what you have set up. I think he simply means default document,
    which is at root of each directory. In which case, the answer is no.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think outside the box!

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Jul 18, 2007
  4. "Rick" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Our website used to have all pages in the root folder, and the entry
    > page is "Login.aspx".

    Not the best design. With ASP.NET 2.0 you can specify a login page and allow
    the user to try to hit some other default.

    Now that you have placed all files, except one, in a folder, you now need a
    login.aspx that does not login in that folder. Ouch!

    > I was asked to move all pages inside a folder named "Aspx"

    Not sure what this accomplishes except to make things more confusing, but
    management often surprises me.

    > Is it possible to move also the default page "Login.aspx" into this
    > folder, or should it be left in the root folder?

    If you mean default page as specified, it is a page at every level. INside
    your ASPX folder if someone hits without a page specified, it will look for
    login.aspx there, but you cannot move it from root without creating a
    redirect.

    > "Login.aspx" is set as the default page in IIS.
    > If "Login.aspx" is moved into the folder, how is IIS supposed to find
    > it ?

    Not sure why it is set up this way, as it circumvents the norm in ASP.NET
    development.

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Jul 18, 2007
  5. Rick

    Masudur Guest

    On Jul 18, 2:33 am, Rick <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Our website used to have all pages in the root folder, and the entry
    > page is "Login.aspx".
    >
    > I was asked to move all pages inside a folder named "Aspx"
    >
    > Is it possible to move also the default page "Login.aspx" into this
    > folder, or should it be left in the root folder?
    >
    > "Login.aspx" is set as the default page in IIS.
    > If "Login.aspx" is moved into the folder, how is IIS supposed to find
    > it ?
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > Rick

    Hi...

    yes you can more your all pages... to any folder...
    but in that case to define your login page you got to mention the
    location of your login page... in web.config

    <authentication mode="Forms">
    <forms loginUrl="yourdir\Login.aspx"></forms>
    </authentication>

    like this

    Thanks
    Md. Masudur Rahman (Munna)