    None of these make any difference. What can I do now?

    --
    Sean.
    Sean S - Perth, WA, Oct 14, 2005

  2. Sean S - Perth, WA

    McKirahan Guest

    "Sean S - Perth, WA" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I've written a page that uses a emailer component and it keeps timing out.
    > It takes 2-3 seconds to send each mail, gets part way through the list of
    > recipients and dies.
    >
    > I have tried changing the Script Timeout setting in IIS to some huge

    number
    > (2147483647?).
    >
    > I have tried setting Server.ScriptTimeout = 0 and Server.ScriptTimeout =
    > 2147483647.
    >
    > None of these make any difference. What can I do now?
    >

    > --
    > Sean.

    "part way through the list" -- how many?

    I've had it die after about thirty because of a Web host
    configured limit (I believe) to minimize potential spam.
    McKirahan, Oct 14, 2005

  3. "McKirahan" wrote:

    > "part way through the list" -- how many?

    Anywhere between 20 and 50.

    > I've had it die after about thirty because of a Web host
    > configured limit (I believe) to minimize potential spam.

    It's a private develpment server. This is not an issue.
    Sean S - Perth, WA, Oct 17, 2005
  4. Sean S - Perth, WA

    Roland Hall Guest

    : "McKirahan" wrote:
    :
    : > "part way through the list" -- how many?
    :
    : Anywhere between 20 and 50.
    :
    : > I've had it die after about thirty because of a Web host
    : > configured limit (I believe) to minimize potential spam.
    :
    : It's a private develpment server. This is not an issue.

    define 'just dies'. You're not getting a script timeout message? Do you
    have an On Error Resume Next line somewhere in the code?
    Which email component? OS?

    --
    Roland Hall
    or fitness for a particular purpose. */
    Roland Hall, Oct 17, 2005
  5. OK, fixed it. It looks like IIS just required a restart to pick up the change
    to the Script Timeout setting.

    --
    Sean.
    Sean S - Perth, WA, Oct 17, 2005