    the other with pages that load up when one of the navigator buttons is
    clicked. Does anyone know the html codes for this?

    Thanks in Advance

    Douglas G, Sep 8, 2003

  2. Douglas G

    Black Mage Guest

    ..::::::::::::::::::::::: Quoth Douglas G :::::::::::::::::::::::.

    > I want to build a page that has two borders - one with navigator buttons and
    > the other with pages that load up when one of the navigator buttons is
    > clicked. Does anyone know the html codes for this?

    rtfm :) http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_frames.asp -- I assume this is
    what you are trying to do.

    --

    .... http://bastardgeek.org

    Black Mage, Sep 8, 2003

  3. Douglas G

    Douglas G Guest

    Thanks. I believe it is the target atribute, but how do I specify that I
    want the page to load in another table cell within the same page

    Douglas G, Sep 8, 2003
  4. Douglas G

    Friendly Guest

    On Mon, 08 Sep 2003 11:31:20 +1000 Douglas G scrawled this disquisition:

    > I want to build a page that has two borders - one with navigator buttons and
    > the other with pages that load up when one of the navigator buttons is
    > clicked. Does anyone know the html codes for this?

    Yes.

    Are you sure you cross-posted sufficiently?

    FS

    Friendly, Sep 8, 2003
  5. Please direct your attention towards:

    Douglas G wrote:

    > Thanks. I believe it is the target atribute, but how do I specify that I
    > want the page to load in another table cell within the same page

    The short answer is that you don't. Frames introduce a lot of problems
    <http://dorward.me.uk/www/frames/>, and the only way to do what you want is
    to use either inline frames, or simulate the effects of frames with
    JavaScript.

    Take the solution that 99.9%+ of the web uses, duplicate shared content
    (such as navigation) on each page. Some tools to make this easy for you can
    be found described at
    <http://www.allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?Include_one_file_in_another>

    Given your comment, it seems a reasonable assumption that you are abusing
    tables as a layout tool (instead of using them becuase of what they say
    about the data). You should probably read
    <http://www.allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?Tableless_layouts> and
    <http://dorward.me.uk/www/css>

    --
    David Dorward http://dorward.me.uk/