    Thanks!
    Jim

    , Aug 11, 2007

  2. Robert Hicks Guest

    On Aug 11, 2:40 pm, wrote:
    > I have a DB with ~1100 entries that I have made searchable. However,
    > the results can be VERY long. So, I want a way of paginating the
    > output.
    >
    > I have seen oodles of these types of scripts for PHP, but nothing for
    > PERL, and my PERL skills are rusty.
    >
    > Anyone seen somethng like this for PERL, or have an example lying
    > around?
    >
    > Thanks!
    > Jim

    HTML::pager
    Data::pager
    Data::pageset

    Try one of those...

    HTH

    Robert

    Robert Hicks, Aug 11, 2007

    On Aug 11, 5:03 pm, Robert Hicks <> wrote:
    > On Aug 11, 2:40 pm, wrote:
    >
    > > I have a DB with ~1100 entries that I have made searchable. However,
    > > the results can be VERY long. So, I want a way of paginating the
    > > output.

    > > I have seen oodles of these types of scripts for PHP, but nothing for
    > > PERL, and my PERL skills are rusty.

    > > Anyone seen somethng like this for PERL, or have an example lying
    > > around?

    > > Thanks!
    > > Jim

    > HTML::pager
    > Data::pager
    > Data::pageset
    >
    > Try one of those...
    >
    > HTH
    >
    > Robert

    Unfortunately, I can't use any of those, my server doesn't have them
    installed and getting them to install something new is like pulling
    teeth from an alligator.

    Anyone have any other suggestions?
    Jim

    , Aug 12, 2007
  4. wrote:
    > On Aug 11, 5:03 pm, Robert Hicks <> wrote:
    >> On Aug 11, 2:40 pm, wrote:
    >>> I have a DB with ~1100 entries that I have made searchable. However,
    >>> the results can be VERY long. So, I want a way of paginating the
    >>> output.
    >>>
    >>> I have seen oodles of these types of scripts for PHP, but nothing for
    >>> PERL, and my PERL skills are rusty.
    >>> Anyone seen somethng like this for PERL, or have an example lying

    >> HTML::pager
    >> Data::pager
    >> Data::pageset
    >>
    >> Try one of those...

    > Unfortunately, I can't use any of those, my server doesn't have them
    > installed and getting them to install something new is like pulling
    > teeth from an alligator.

    Sounds tough... Then how about installing one of them yourself?

    http://perldoc.perl.org/perlfaq8.html#How-do-I-keep-my-own-module/library-directory?

    --
    Gunnar Hjalmarsson

    Gunnar Hjalmarsson, Aug 12, 2007
  5. coughed up some electrons that declared:

    > Unfortunately, I can't use any of those, my server doesn't have them
    > installed and getting them to install something new is like pulling
    > teeth from an alligator.
    >
    > Anyone have any other suggestions?
    > Jim

    Can you not "install" them adjacent to your script in a lib/ directory, then
    path that into your script with a "use lib ..." and maybe a bit of "use
    FindBin" for flexibility?

    That's what I often do if a centralised installation is more trouble than
    it's worth.

    Cheers

    Tim

    Tim Southerwood, Aug 12, 2007

    On Aug 12, 5:03 am, Tim Southerwood <> wrote:
    > coughed up some electrons that declared:
    >

    > > Unfortunately, I can't use any of those, my server doesn't have them
    > > installed and getting them to install something new is like pulling
    > > teeth from an alligator.

    > > Anyone have any other suggestions?
    > > Jim

    > Can you not "install" them adjacent to your script in a lib/ directory, then
    > path that into your script with a "use lib ..." and maybe a bit of "use
    > FindBin" for flexibility?
    >
    > That's what I often do if a centralised installation is more trouble than
    > it's worth.
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Tim

    I didn't think of that, excellent suggestion.

    Thanks!
    Jim

    , Aug 12, 2007
  7. JimJx Guest

    On Aug 12, 3:02 pm, Sherm Pendley <> wrote:
    > writes:
    > > Unfortunately, I can't use any of those, my server doesn't have them
    > > installed and getting them to install something new is like pulling
    > > teeth from an alligator.

    > > Anyone have any other suggestions?

    > Install it yourself - you only need root access if you want to install a
    > module into a directory to which only root can write, such as /usr/lib.
    >
    > In a nutshell, just download the module tarball, unpack it, and specify
    > an install location to which you have access when you run Makefile.PL. For
    > example:
    >
    > perl Makefile.PL PREFIX=/home/mylogin
    >
    > The above assumes you've already downloaded and unpacked the tarball, of
    > course. You can also configure the CPAN shell to use a configuration step
    > like this automatically.
    >
    > For details, see:
    >
    > perldoc perlmodinstall
    > perldoc CPAN