Pagination

webmaster

I have a DB with ~1100 entries that I have made searchable. However,
the results can be VERY long. So, I want a way of paginating the
output.

I have seen oodles of these types of scripts for PHP, but nothing for
PERL, and my PERL skills are rusty.

Anyone seen somethng like this for PERL, or have an example lying
around?

Thanks!
Jim

Robert Hicks

I have a DB with ~1100 entries that I have made searchable. However,
the results can be VERY long. So, I want a way of paginating the
output.

I have seen oodles of these types of scripts for PHP, but nothing for
PERL, and my PERL skills are rusty.

Anyone seen somethng like this for PERL, or have an example lying
around?

Thanks!
Jim

HTML::pager
Data::pager
Data::pageset

Try one of those...

HTH

Robert

webmaster

HTML::pager
Data::pager
Data::pageset

Try one of those...

HTH

Robert

Unfortunately, I can't use any of those, my server doesn't have them
installed and getting them to install something new is like pulling
teeth from an alligator.

Anyone have any other suggestions?
Jim

Tim Southerwood

(e-mail address removed) coughed up some electrons that declared:
Unfortunately, I can't use any of those, my server doesn't have them
installed and getting them to install something new is like pulling
teeth from an alligator.

Anyone have any other suggestions?
Jim

Can you not "install" them adjacent to your script in a lib/ directory, then
path that into your script with a "use lib ..." and maybe a bit of "use
FindBin" for flexibility?

That's what I often do if a centralised installation is more trouble than
it's worth.

Cheers

Tim

webmaster

(e-mail address removed) coughed up some electrons that declared:

Can you not "install" them adjacent to your script in a lib/ directory, then
path that into your script with a "use lib ..." and maybe a bit of "use
FindBin" for flexibility?

That's what I often do if a centralised installation is more trouble than
it's worth.

Cheers

Tim

I didn't think of that, excellent suggestion.

Thanks!
Jim

JimJx

Install it yourself - you only need root access if you want to install a
module into a directory to which only root can write, such as /usr/lib.

In a nutshell, just download the module tarball, unpack it, and specify
an install location to which you have access when you run Makefile.PL. For
example:

perl Makefile.PL PREFIX=/home/mylogin

The above assumes you've already downloaded and unpacked the tarball, of
course. You can also configure the CPAN shell to use a configuration step
like this automatically.

For details, see:

perldoc perlmodinstall
perldoc CPAN