Paging data in different 'on the fly' iterations

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Astra, Aug 26, 2003.

  1. Astra

    Astra Guest

    Hi All

    Got a weird problem since I put in a pop-up to allow the user to set
    the number of products per page, eg show products in 5, 10, 15 ,25
    per page.

    I've seen this feature on various forums and the like and I thought it
    would just be a case of passing the selection through the query string
    with everything else, but this doesn't seem to be the case.

    Although I can consistantly create the problem it doesn't seem to make
    any sense.

    If you have time to could you please have a look at the following and
    let me know what you think it might be:

    1) Go to the below web site:
    http://www.AstraAccounts.co.uk/user-data/dpas/

    2) Click the 'Browse the Catalogue' link.

    3) Change the pop to 25 products per page.

    When you click the Next link (bottom right of the page) to click
    through the pages it stops at item 250.

    4) Reset the site by going back to the Home Page and then click the
    'Browse the Catalogue' link again.

    5) This time, set the pop-up to 20 per page and click the Next link.

    This time it goes to 200 then jumps to 381!?!?!

    Is there some magic way of doing this?

    It seems straightforward, but I seem to be goofing somewhere
    big-stylie.

    Many thanks.

    Regards

    Robbie