Paging with Datagrid Control

Elton W

Hi Joey,

First of all, when performing paging we need rebind
datagrid's data source. But the data source could be a
dataset, or datatable, or some other data collection.

Secondly, dataset can be filled by either SqlDataAdapter
or OleDbDataAdapter from database (, or even by reading
XML file). You don't have to use SqlDataAdapter.

Hence in your case, you can use OleDbDataAdapter to pull
data from access database:

OleDbDataAdapter dap = new OleDbDataAdapter(Select_Query,
Connection_String) ;
DataTable table = new DataTable();
Dap.Fill(table);
DataGrid.DataSource = table;

BTW, please take look following URL:
url=/library/en-us/cpguide/html/cpconoverviewofadonet.asp

HTH

Elton Wang
(e-mail address removed)

Elton W

Hi Joey,

1) Connection String:
For Access, it's like:
"Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data
Source=c:\bin\LocalAccess40.mdb"

2) You are using Request("DeptID"). Suppose you want to
get it from query string, it's better to use
Request.QueryString.Get("DeptID"). Or if it's from HTML
form textbox, use
Request.Form.Get("DeptID")

HTH

Elton