    Anyone know of such a control ?

    TIA,
    Jurjen
    Jurjen de Groot, Nov 2, 2007

  2. Jurjen de Groot

    sloan Guest

    You probably should investiage SilverLight.

    atalasoft.com may have something as well.

    sloan, Nov 2, 2007

  3. Jurjen de Groot

    clintonG Guest

    Silverlight? Maybe but not likely at this early stage development noting
    what is being asked for is actually done using client-side code: JavaScript
    and the DOM. I'd start looking around for DHTML solutions as that's how its
    usually done.

    <%= Clinton Gallagher
    NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com

    clintonG, Nov 2, 2007
  4. Jurjen de Groot

    Guest

    You might look at <canvas>. It's not a .net control - it's entirely
    client-side. You'd also have to implement the hooks for user
    control. It's supported natively in mozilla, opera, and safari.
    Googlecode has an opensource implementation for IE. More info here:
    http://excanvas.sourceforge.net/

    On Nov 2, 10:53 am, "clintonG" <> wrote:
    > Silverlight? Maybe but not likely at this early stage development noting
    > what is being asked for is actually done using client-side code: JavaScript
    > and the DOM. I'd start looking around for DHTML solutions as that's how its
    > usually done.
    >
    > <%= Clinton Gallagher
    > NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com
    > URLhttp://clintongallagher.metromilwaukee.com/
    >
    > "sloan" <> wrote in message

    > > You probably should investiage SilverLight.

    > > atalasoft.com may have something as well.

    > > "Jurjen de Groot" <> wrote in message
    > >> Hi,

    > >> I'm looking for an ASP.NET control in wich I can let my users create a
    > >> simple drawing, some lines, rectangles.
    > >> Anyone know of such a control ?

    > >> TIA,
    > >> Jurjen
    , Nov 5, 2007
  5. Jurjen de Groot

    Phil H Guest

    On 2 Nov, 09:30, "Jurjen de Groot" <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm looking for an ASP.NET control in wich I can let my users create a
    > simple drawing, some lines, rectangles.
    > Anyone know of such a control ?
    >
    > TIA,
    > Jurjen

    You will not find anything remotely suitable in ASP.NET What you
    require is purely a client-side solution. It is possible to do drawing
    with ASP.NET but only programatically on the server.

    Consider a Windows.Form application you won't do it as a web app.
    Phil H, Nov 7, 2007
  6. This is accomplished relatively easily with Adobe Flash and Flex.

    Here are a few examples:

    http://www.flashcomguru.com/index.cfm/2007/9/28/flex-whiteboard-component

    http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/exchange/index.cfm?event=extensionDetail&extid=1175971

    http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/exchange/index.cfm?event=extensionDetail&extid=1196017

    And here's a full photo editor done in Flex:

    http://www.picnik.com/

    And Adobe is working on a version of Photoshop done entirely in Flex

    http://blogs.adobe.com/jnack/2007/09/photoshop_expre.html

    With Flash/Flex it's even possible to have a shared whiteboard across
    different peers. Adobe's Connect product has this built-in and
    they're in the process of breaking connect up into a set of components
    that can be integrated into custom applications.

    HTH,

    Sam

    We're hiring! B-Line Medical is seeking .NET
    Developers for exciting positions in medical product
    development in MD/DC. Work with a variety of technologies
    in a relaxed team environment. See ads on Dice.com.

    Samuel R. Neff, Nov 8, 2007