    This is the first time, I am going to do this. So, what should I be
    expecting ?

    Thank you.

    Rub-e Shark, Nov 22, 2010

  2. On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 3:37 PM, Rub-e Shark <> wrote:
    > Hello !
    >
    > I have an upcoming pair programming interview primarily focused on RSpec
    > and Ruby along with C and C++.
    >
    > This is the first time, I am going to do this. So, what should I be
    > expecting ?

    If you are applying at any reputable ruby/rails shop, they are
    probably reading this right now.
    Just saying. ;-)

    Andrew McElroy

    andrew mcelroy, Nov 22, 2010

  3. Rub-e Shark

    Rub-e Shark Guest

    Rub-e Shark, Nov 22, 2010
  4. On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 4:25 PM, Rub-e Shark <> wrote:
    > Do they expect candidate to come unprepared ? Better, if they post some
    > Questions ;)

    <BadPuns type="PulpFiction">
    outside in BDD, do you know it?
    TDD, how does it work?
    </ BadPuns type="PulpFiction">

    vim or emacs (there *is* a correct answer :) )

    C++: clusterf*** or unintelligent design?
    C++0X , are you familiar with what's new?

    C: it's not 1999 anymore, do you know how to use frama-c. What malloc
    library do you use, etc?

    How's that for a start. Seriously, have you checkout Ruby Koans?

    Basically, can you work with others? Do you know rspec? Do you know ruby, c,c++?
    This should give you a head start.

    Brush up on being familiar with pivotal tracker, basecamp, github,
    lighthouse, redmine.
    They will probably use one or more of those programs.

    Andrew McElroy

    andrew mcelroy, Nov 22, 2010