Pair Programming Interview Prep

Rub-e Shark

Hello !

I have an upcoming pair programming interview primarily focused on RSpec
and Ruby along with C and C++.

This is the first time, I am going to do this. So, what should I be
expecting ?

Thank you.

andrew mcelroy

Hello !

I have an upcoming pair programming interview primarily focused on RSpec
and Ruby along with C and C++.

This is the first time, I am going to do this. So, what should I be
expecting ?

If you are applying at any reputable ruby/rails shop, they are
probably reading this right now.
Just saying. ;-)

Andrew McElroy

Rub-e Shark

Do they expect candidate to come unprepared ? Better, if they post some
Questions ;)

andrew mcelroy

Do they expect candidate to come unprepared ? Better, if they post some
Questions ;)
<BadPuns type="PulpFiction">
outside in BDD, do you know it?
TDD, how does it work?
</ BadPuns type="PulpFiction">

vim or emacs (there *is* a correct answer :) )

C++: clusterf*** or unintelligent design?
C++0X , are you familiar with what's new?

C: it's not 1999 anymore, do you know how to use frama-c. What malloc
library do you use, etc?

How's that for a start. Seriously, have you checkout Ruby Koans?

Basically, can you work with others? Do you know rspec? Do you know ruby, c,c++?
This should give you a head start.

Brush up on being familiar with pivotal tracker, basecamp, github,
lighthouse, redmine.
They will probably use one or more of those programs.

Andrew McElroy