    How can I achieve this? It seems that CodeWarrior doesn't support
    Big5. Should I import any library? Thx for answering my question!
    , Feb 28, 2004

  2. <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I am now makeing use of Code Warrior to build an application. I ve
    > finished developing the whole interface.

    That's nice.

    > But now I need to transform
    > the application to a Chinese version (using Big5).
    > How can I achieve this? It seems that CodeWarrior doesn't support
    > Big5. Should I import any library? Thx for answering my question!

    Well, the answer you are going to get here is "we don't know".
    Ask where Code Warrior or Big5 is topical.

    Peter
    Peter Pichler, Feb 28, 2004

  3. Malcolm Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > I am now makeing use of Code Warrior to build an application. I ve
    > finished developing the whole interface. But now I need to transform
    > the application to a Chinese version (using Big5).
    > How can I achieve this? It seems that CodeWarrior doesn't support
    > Big5. Should I import any library? Thx for answering my question!

    Unfortunately ANSI C is based on the English character set. There will be
    libraries available for Chinese, but there is no standard, and no standard
    way of calling them.
    If you use any string-handling functions then expect them to break when the
    string is translated into Chinese. Really if you are going to translate your
    UI into an oriental language you need to plan for this before you write the
    English version, separating all the English-language strings out and
    handling them internally using methods that will support both English and
    Chinese.
    Malcolm, Feb 28, 2004