Palm programming in C using GCC

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Mabden, Jul 6, 2005.

  1. Mabden

    Mabden Guest

    Palm C people,

    I have had a Palm device foist upon me, so I wrote a nice game for it,
    but I don't know what newsgroup to use to find out info about straight C
    programming on the Palm. There seem to be a plethora of Palm newsgroups,
    but most about how to get Calendar to work. Can any C people who program
    for the Palm (and presumably check in here) let me know the best place
    to find out about Palm issues.

    A sample of my current questions for Palm Development (note: I do not
    expect an answer here, just a pointer to where to go, so OT Police can
    go have another donut and ignore this post):

    o How can I change a menu on the fly based on a user selecting a menu
    item?
    o (How) Can I include a checkbox in a menu, to toggle a user option?
    o Do I need a separate menu for every possible combination of user
    toggles?

    You get the idea. I need to know whether I can manipulate menus on the
    fly, or if I need to have every possible menu in my resource file, and a
    huge case statement or something to pick the correct one.

    The Palm OS is very primitive. altho they have moved on to ARM, you
    still need to support the old devices, if you can - and my game can, so
    I end up using version 3 (my game "needs" color). [this is probably more
    info than needed]

    --
    Mabden
    Mabden, Jul 6, 2005