Pandora 0.4.3 Release

Julian I. Kamil

I am pleased to announce that Pandora 0.4.3 is now available to the
general public.

Since the last beta release, the code has been updated to include a new
search function, common book sidebar, site-wide menu, and a few other
features. It also includes fixes for defects in the new document link
and in the handling of page names containing embedded spaces.

To get the code, visit the download page at
http://pandora.rubyveil.com/pandora/Pandora/Project/Downloads or the
RubyForge Pandora Project Site at
http://rubyforge.org/projects/pandora/.

Best regards,

Julian I. Kamil <[email protected]>

Matt Todd

Hi Julian,

Forgive me, I read through the introduction on the Pandora page, but I
just didn't understand what exactly Pandora is. The site called it a
collaborative document and application platform, but that doesn't
really make it clear what it does and what it's used for.

If you could enlighten me, that would be great! :)

M.T.

Julian I. Kamil

Matt, simply said, Pandora is a wiki engine in Ruby.

It is a little bit different in that it uses a 'book' metaphor for
managing its contents. As a Pandora user, you would publish books,
with chapters, and pages. As the publisher, you decide who can author
the books contents, who can edit them, and who can view them. All of
these and the associated user management functions are built into the
system.

To see a live example, visit The Ruby Bookshelf, which is hosted using
Pandora:

http://books.rubyveil.com/

I hope that helps. Don't hesitate to ask more questions if you have
any...

Best regards,

Julian I. Kamil <[email protected]>

Matt Todd

Thanks Julian,

Pandora looks very intersting. I'll give it a runthrough and see how I
like it. I was confused because I am currently working on a project
(in its early stages) for editing full-length documents (such as
books, articles, etc) that I hope to actually have useful for writers,
editors, publishers, et al. Maybe there's some stuff I can steal,
hehe. ;)

Cheers,

M.T.