Panel Control -- can't place controls...squished together?

KatB

Hi,

Am I missing something re: the panel control? I finally have a use for
it, but when I put other controls into it, they squish up (yes,
technical term!), and I can not move them into other positions.

???

Thanks, Kat

S. Spurlock

Kat,

Try putting a span tag inside your panel like this:

<DIV ms_positioning="GridLayout">

Then when you drop controls into the span, you should be able to position
them where you want them in the designer.

Alternately, I've had better luck using html tables...

hth,
Scott

Jim Cheshire [MSFT]

Hi Kat,

Are you using the Panel control from the Web Controls tab in the toolbox?
If so, this shouldn't happen. It sounds to me like you might be using the
Grid Layout Panel from the HTML tab of the toolbox.

Jim Cheshire [MSFT]
Developer Support
ASP.NET
(e-mail address removed)