Panel css not grouping controls

Chris

I want to group controls in a panel or placeholder, some of the controls are
added dynamically. How do I control the order the controls appear prior to
using css. And how do I ensure the panels css groups all the control within
the class. When I add controls to the placeholder below dynamically the css
which has a border for panel1 does not go around all of the controls it kind
of goes in a band above the controls rather than surround them. Regards,
chris. My idea is to group the controls with a background colour and border
set in the css for the panel.

<asp:panel ID="Panel1" runat="server" >

<asp:Label ID="lblstatus" runat="server"></asp:Label>

<asp:placeHolder ID="plformgroup" runat="server">

</asp:placeHolder>

<asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" Text="Button" />

</asp:panel>