Panel in Table with overflow problem with firefox

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?SmFzb24gQ2h1?=, Oct 14, 2005.

  1. Simple compatibility question, I have this:
    <asp:panel id="Panel1" runat="server" Height="100%" Width="100%"
    CssClass="scroll">
    <asp:Label id="Label1" runat="server">Label</asp:Label></asp:panel>
    <asp:Button id="Button1" runat="server" Text="Button"></asp:Button></td>

    which goes with css:
    ..scroll {
    overflow:scroll;
    }

    on button1 click's action, it'll create something huge on the label so that
    it causes overflow inside the panel bounded by the table's 50% on the row.
    Simple enough, in IE, the table will retain the 50% row, but in Firefox, the
    table gets warped, and the scroll bars doesn't get used.
    Need something to make it stick to the table's constraints no matter what.

    thx
    =?Utf-8?B?SmFzb24gQ2h1?=, Oct 14, 2005

  2. Jason,

    How about adding the width 50% to the .scroll class in the .css file and
    then hooking up the .scroll to the label itself instead of the panel?

    --
    Sincerely,

    S. Justin Gengo, MCP
    Web Developer / Programmer

    www.aboutfortunate.com

    "Out of chaos comes order."
    Nietzsche

    S. Justin Gengo, Oct 14, 2005

  3. Thanks for replying.

    But that wouldn't work in my case...the sample I've posted was...a sample...
    What really is going on, is I have a table which defines the page layout for
    everything, and in one of these cells, I have a datagrid which acts as a list
    (no paging). So if there's only one list item, it will have one record..and
    the rest of the cell will be blank, but if it populates larger than that
    cell..the scroll bars will come in.

    With your solution, my datagrid will expand itself in case where there isn't
    much records...and if the number of records makes it larger than the cell,
    the scrollbars doesn't appear on the datagrid.

    that is why I put the panel in that cell, and with the datagrid in that panel.

    =?Utf-8?B?SmFzb24gQ2h1?=, Oct 14, 2005