Panel Position

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Thom Little, Jun 10, 2004.

  1. Thom Little

    Thom Little Guest

    Using the Visual Studio .NET 2003 designer there does not seem to be any
    method for controlling the placement of a panel on a form.

    Are you expected to embed the panel in a table in order to control its
    placement on the form or is there something blatantly obvious that I am
    overlooking?

    The panel in question is the basis for an .ascx user control. It insists on
    being at location
    0,0 (1,1?) and can not be moved.

    When the control is included in an .aspx page it positions itself in the
    same place (0,0) and refuses to be moved.

    The only solution I could think of was to create a table with one row and
    one column and then position the table where I want it. This introduces
    some formatting issues.

    --
    -- Thom Little -- www.tlaNET.net -- Thom Little Associates, Ltd.

    Thom Little, Jun 10, 2004

  2. Thom Little

    T-Bone Guest

    Set the properties from you DOCUMENT to GridLayout.
    Or create a GridLayoutPanel and put it in there.

    T-Bone, Jun 11, 2004

  3. Thom Little

    Thom Little Guest

    I should have been more precise ... I was using Grid Layout and the user
    control insists on positioning at (0,0).

    Perhaps this is the way it is supposed to work and you must always package
    it in a controlling element of some form (like a table).

    "GridLayoutPanel" works. The control insists on moving to (0,0) of that
    panel but I can position the panel containing the control where I please on
    the page.

    Thanks for the lead.

    Thom Little, Jun 11, 2004