Panel with vivible=false in source code / large source

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Jens-Oliver Murer, Oct 17, 2008.

  1. Hello,

    I have a problem with an ASP.Net-application which generates very
    large source codes which have to be sent to the clients through 'thin'
    lines.
    The main problem seems to be a Datagrid which contains several hundred
    rows (I'd split them, but our customer wants it this way). I already
    disabled the ViewState and cut the source by nearly half.
    I use two datagrids on the page, which can be displayed alternately by
    setting the visible-parameter of the sourrounding panels of the grids.
    I was under the impression that a setting to visible=false would
    surpress a rendering of the invisible objects to the source code, as I
    had to recognize this isn't the case. Even when the big grid is set to
    invisible it is contained in the source-code even though not displayed
    to or needed by the user.
    Is there a option to surpress the output of invisible objects without
    destroying and recreating the objects or re-writing the whole page to
    split it up into two pages?

    best regards

    jens Murer

    Jens-Oliver Murer, Oct 17, 2008

  2. I'm using Panel.visible=false
    If this internally only triggers a CSS-style I'd understand that the
    panel remains in the source, but I thought it would be a server-side
    parameter which wouldn't lead to a output in the source.
    The visibility of the datagrids are changed on PageLoad when the
    decision is made, which of the panels has to be shown.

    Jens-Oliver Murer, Oct 17, 2008