Parallel BucketSort 1.0 is here.

aminer

Hello,

Parallel BucketSort 1.0 is here.

Parallel BuckerSort.

Parallel BucketSort gave me 3x scaling when sorting strings on a quad cores,
it scales better than my parallel quicksort and it can be much faster than
my parallel quicksort.

I have thought about my parallel quicksort , and i have found that parallel
quicksort is
fine but the problem with it is that the partition function is not
parallelizable , so i have
tthought about this and i have decided to write a parallel BucketSort,and
this parallel
bucketsort can give you much better performance than parallel quicksort,
just test it yourself and see, parallel bucketsort can sort just strings at
the moment, and
it can use quicksort or mergesort.

And please look at test.pas a parallel bucketsort on many cores - compile
and execute it...

Language: FPC Pascal v2.2.0+ / Delphi 7+: http://www.freepascal.org/
Operating Systems: Win , Linux and Mac (x86).

You can download parallel bucketsort from:

http://pages.videotron.com/aminer/

Thank you,
Amine Moulay Ramdane,

8

88888 Dihedral

Öö Tiibæ–¼ 2012å¹´9月7日星期五UTC+8下åˆ4時31分04秒寫é“:
Why to post it in comp.lang.c++, not comp.lang.pascal?

We are entering the age of multiple core (threading) programming
in the language issue.

aminer

Hello,

I have posted it here so that you can read the free source code ,
and port it to C++ if you want, it's not so difficult to port to C++.

and this parallel bucketsort can give you much better performance
than parallel quicksort when sorting 100000 strings or more.

I have wrote other libraries, such as parallel hashlist and parallel
compression
library and parallel conjugate gradient, you can also read there free
source
code and port them to C++ if you want.

Welcome:

http://pages.videotron.com/aminer/