Parallel BucketSort 1.0 is here.

Discussion in 'C++' started by aminer, Sep 7, 2012.

  1. aminer

    aminer Guest

    Hello,

    Parallel BucketSort 1.0 is here.

    Parallel BuckerSort.

    Parallel BucketSort gave me 3x scaling when sorting strings on a quad cores,
    it scales better than my parallel quicksort and it can be much faster than
    my parallel quicksort.

    I have thought about my parallel quicksort , and i have found that parallel
    quicksort is
    fine but the problem with it is that the partition function is not
    parallelizable , so i have
    tthought about this and i have decided to write a parallel BucketSort,and
    this parallel
    bucketsort can give you much better performance than parallel quicksort,
    just test it yourself and see, parallel bucketsort can sort just strings at
    the moment, and
    it can use quicksort or mergesort.

    And please look at test.pas a parallel bucketsort on many cores - compile
    and execute it...

    Language: FPC Pascal v2.2.0+ / Delphi 7+: http://www.freepascal.org/
    Operating Systems: Win , Linux and Mac (x86).

    You can download parallel bucketsort from:

    http://pages.videotron.com/aminer/

    Thank you,
    Amine Moulay Ramdane,

    aminer, Sep 7, 2012

  2. aminer

    Öö Tiib Guest

    On Friday, September 7, 2012 4:04:02 AM UTC+3, aminer wrote:
    > And please look at test.pas a parallel bucketsort on many cores - compile
    > and execute it...
    >
    > Language: FPC Pascal v2.2.0+ / Delphi 7+: http://www.freepascal.org/
    > Operating Systems: Win , Linux and Mac (x86).

    Why to post it in comp.lang.c++, not comp.lang.pascal?

    Öö Tiib, Sep 7, 2012

  3. Öö Tiibæ–¼ 2012å¹´9月7日星期五UTC+8下åˆ4時31分04秒寫é“:
    > On Friday, September 7, 2012 4:04:02 AM UTC+3, aminer wrote:
    >
    > > And please look at test.pas a parallel bucketsort on many cores - compile

    > > and execute it...

    > > Language: FPC Pascal v2.2.0+ / Delphi 7+: http://www.freepascal.org/

    > > Operating Systems: Win , Linux and Mac (x86).

    > Why to post it in comp.lang.c++, not comp.lang.pascal?

    We are entering the age of multiple core (threading) programming
    in the language issue.

    88888 Dihedral, Sep 7, 2012
  4. aminer

    aminer Guest

    Hello,

    I have posted it here so that you can read the free source code ,
    and port it to C++ if you want, it's not so difficult to port to C++.

    and this parallel bucketsort can give you much better performance
    than parallel quicksort when sorting 100000 strings or more.

    I have wrote other libraries, such as parallel hashlist and parallel
    compression
    library and parallel conjugate gradient, you can also read there free
    source
    code and port them to C++ if you want.

    Welcome:

    http://pages.videotron.com/aminer/