Parallel port interfacing in python on Vista x64

SiWi

I have done some googling on this topic, but I haven't found anything
thats really working on Vista x64.
The most promising result I found was the Inpout32.dll:
http://logix4u.net/Legacy_Ports/Parallel_Port/A_tutorial_on_Parallel_port_Interfacing.html
But when using some code like that, I can't measure I differing state
on my breadboard circurity:
from ctypes import windll
p = windll.inpout32
p.Inp32(0x378) #default 255(all high) on my pc
p.Out32(0x378, 0) #put all low on port 2-9

Is it even possible to interface the Parallel Port on Vista64, and if
so, how does one do that?

Diez B. Roggisch

SiWi said:
I have done some googling on this topic, but I haven't found anything
thats really working on Vista x64.
The most promising result I found was the Inpout32.dll:
http://logix4u.net/Legacy_Ports/Parallel_Port/A_tutorial_on_Parallel_port_Interfacing.html
But when using some code like that, I can't measure I differing state
on my breadboard circurity:
from ctypes import windll
p = windll.inpout32
p.Inp32(0x378) #default 255(all high) on my pc
p.Out32(0x378, 0) #put all low on port 2-9

Is it even possible to interface the Parallel Port on Vista64, and if
so, how does one do that?

Did you try pyparallel?

Diez