    advance thanks
    by
    chellappa

    chellappa, Nov 11, 2005

  2. chellappa

    Guest

    chellappa wrote:
    > Hi All,
    > I need information running two function in parallel manner with out
    > using fork .. because i am trying to use fork ..but fork create two
    > process ..i will done through any other methods,one of my friend told
    > using thread.please help how to use thread run two program in parallel
    > manner
    > advance thanks
    > by
    > chellappa

    How to create threads depends on your OS & available API. But since you
    have fork I'm assuming you have at least some POSIX compatability.
    Google "pthread" to learn about threads.

    , Nov 11, 2005

  3. chellappa

    pete Guest

    chellappa wrote:

    > Hi All,
    > I need information running two function in parallel manner with out
    > using fork .. because i am trying to use fork ..but fork create two
    > process ..i will done through any other methods,one of my friend told
    > using
    > thread.please help how to use thread run two program in parallel
    > manner
    > advance thanks

    pete

    pete, Nov 11, 2005
  4. chellappa

    Barry Guest

    "chellappa" <> wrote in message
    > Hi All,
    > I need information running two function in parallel manner with out
    > using fork .. because i am trying to use fork ..but fork create two
    > process ..i will done through any other methods,one of my friend told
    > using thread.please help how to use thread run two program in parallel
    > manner
    > advance thanks
    > by
    > chellappa

    You cannot run two programs in parallel using threads.

    Barry, Nov 11, 2005
  5. chellappa <> wrote:

    > I need information running two function in parallel manner with out

    [OT snipped]

    Please do not feed the trolls.

    Christopher Benson-Manica, Nov 11, 2005
  6. In article <dl26sl$8k8$>,
    Christopher Benson-Manica <> wrote:
    >chellappa <> wrote:
    >
    >> I need information running two function in parallel manner with out

    >[OT snipped]
    >
    >Please do not feed the trolls.

    Or, to put it more succinctly:

    Not portable. Can't discuss it here. Blah, blah, blah.

    Kenny McCormack, Nov 11, 2005