Parallel Program

chellappa

Hi All,
I need information running two function in parallel manner with out
using fork .. because i am trying to use fork ..but fork create two
process ..i will done through any other methods,one of my friend told
using thread.please help how to use thread run two program in parallel
manner
advance thanks
by
chellappa

slebetman

chellappa said:
Hi All,
I need information running two function in parallel manner with out
using fork .. because i am trying to use fork ..but fork create two
process ..i will done through any other methods,one of my friend told
using thread.please help how to use thread run two program in parallel
manner
advance thanks
by
chellappa

How to create threads depends on your OS & available API. But since you
have fork I'm assuming you have at least some POSIX compatability.
Google "pthread" to learn about threads.

Barry

chellappa said:
Hi All,
I need information running two function in parallel manner with out
using fork .. because i am trying to use fork ..but fork create two
process ..i will done through any other methods,one of my friend told
using thread.please help how to use thread run two program in parallel
manner
advance thanks
by
chellappa

You cannot run two programs in parallel using threads.