    Is such a setup possible? Does anyone know of a tutorial? Any less
    complicated solutions?

    Karsten
    Karsten Wutzke, Mar 10, 2009

  2. On 10 Mar, 07:30, Karsten Wutzke <> wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm trying to figure out whether it is possible to set up two
    > webservers/containers/etc. for one domain, so that
    >
    > seam.domain.com
    >
    > and
    >
    > zend.domain.com

    .... that's 2 domains.

    > would lead to two different implementations of the basically *same*
    > website. This website is meant for demonstration purposes only. Both
    > probably use the same CSS/JS and definitely the same database. I want
    > to show that I can program both JBoss Seam and Zend Framework.

    But not demonstrate that you know how to configure such a setup?

    It rather depends what you mean by "the same CSS/JS". If you reference
    any java/php urls in the JS/CSS then you will have to use seperate
    domains with relative links (or have the static content in a directory
    mapped under both vhosts). If not, there's no need for seperate
    domains. It's probably simplest if you seperate the directory trees
    for the static content, PHP and Java. Beyond that its simply a matter
    of following the instructions for setting up Java, then following the
    instructions for setting up PHP.

    C.
    C. (http://symcbean.blogspot.com/), Mar 10, 2009

  3. Karsten Wutzke wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm trying to figure out whether it is possible to set up two
    > webservers/containers/etc. for one domain, so that
    >
    > seam.domain.com
    >
    > and
    >
    > zend.domain.com
    >
    > would lead to two different implementations of the basically *same*
    > website. This website is meant for demonstration purposes only. Both
    > probably use the same CSS/JS and definitely the same database. I want
    > to show that I can program both JBoss Seam and Zend Framework.
    >
    > Is such a setup possible? Does anyone know of a tutorial? Any less
    > complicated solutions?
    >
    > Karsten

    Try an Apache newsgroup.

    --
    ==================
    Remove the "x" from my email address

    ==================
    Jerry Stuckle, Mar 10, 2009
  4. Karsten Wutzke

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    Karsten Wutzke wrote:
    > I'm trying to figure out whether it is possible to set up two
    > webservers/containers/etc. for one domain, so that
    >
    > seam.domain.com
    >
    > and
    >
    > zend.domain.com
    >
    > would lead to two different implementations of the basically *same*
    > website. This website is meant for demonstration purposes only. Both
    > probably use the same CSS/JS and definitely the same database. I want
    > to show that I can program both JBoss Seam and Zend Framework.
    >
    > Is such a setup possible? Does anyone know of a tutorial? Any less
    > complicated solutions?

    It should not be a problem.

    Apache HTTPD in front
    virtual hosts for the two hostnames
    mod_php to run PHP for the one hostname
    mod_jk to connect to JBoss (or other server)
    JBoss run the Java web app
    PHP code and Java code access the same database (look out for cache!)
    the static content is either copied or linked across sites

    Arne
    Arne Vajhøj, Mar 10, 2009
  5. Karsten Wutzke

    Logos Guest

    Definitely possible. The setup depends on a huge number of variables
    (host operating system? web server type? hosting limitations? etc).

    I would have the two subdomains resolve to two different directories
    on my webserver, and they can include files as they need to from other
    directories (perhaps having the other mutual directories as virtual
    subdirectories on the main directories for ease of use)

    --
    Tyler Style
    http://malthusian-solutions.com

    Logos, Mar 12, 2009
  6. On 12 Mrz., 03:00, Logos <> wrote:
    > Definitely possible.  The setup depends on a huge number of variables
    > (host operating system? web server type? hosting limitations? etc).
    >
    > I would have the two subdomains resolve to two different directories
    > on my webserver, and they can include files as they need to from other
    > directories (perhaps having the other mutual directories as virtual
    > subdirectories on the main directories for ease of use)
    >
    > --
    > Tyler Stylehttp://malthusian-solutions.comhttp://nirdvana.com
    >
    > Karsten Wutzke wrote:
    > > Hello,

    > > I'm trying to figure out whether it is possible to set up two
    > > webservers/containers/etc. for one domain, so that

    > > seam.domain.com

    > > and

    > > zend.domain.com

    > > would lead to two different implementations of the basically *same*
    > > website. This website is meant for demonstration purposes only. Both
    > > probably use the same CSS/JS and definitely the same database. I want
    > > to show that I can program both JBoss Seam and Zend Framework.

    > > Is such a setup possible? Does anyone know of a tutorial? Any less
    > > complicated solutions?

    > > Karsten

    Thanks all for your answers. I'm delighted to hear it's not that much
    of a technical problem in general, only with me and hosting. Does a
    regularly available virtual server solution do the trick? Do I have to
    manage that myself? I do need a special PHP version, so I need to be
    able to control that or at least pay for having it installed on my
    server (it's about PHP 5.3 beta which I need). I don't have much
    experience with web hosters.

    Do I need a rather Java-oriented hoster which can integrate PHP easily
    or do I look for a PHP oriented hoster that adds the Java stuff?

    Karsten
    Karsten Wutzke, Mar 28, 2009
  7. On 28 Mrz., 21:07, Karsten Wutzke <> wrote:
    > On 12 Mrz., 03:00, Logos <> wrote:

    snip

    > Do I need a rather Java-oriented hoster which can integrate PHP easily
    > or do I look for a PHP oriented hoster that adds the Java stuff?
    >
    > Karsten

    Is there a difference at all?

    Karsten
    Karsten Wutzke, Mar 28, 2009
  8. Karsten Wutzke

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    Karsten Wutzke wrote:
    > On 28 Mrz., 21:07, Karsten Wutzke <> wrote:
    >> On 12 Mrz., 03:00, Logos <> wrote:

    > snip
    >> Do I need a rather Java-oriented hoster which can integrate PHP easily
    >> or do I look for a PHP oriented hoster that adds the Java stuff?

    > Is there a difference at all?

    You need a hoster that supports both the environments.

    You will need to dig deep to find one.

    But if you host yourself then it will be easy.

    Arne
    Arne Vajhøj, Mar 28, 2009