Parallelization with Python: which, where, how?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Mike M?ller, Dec 21, 2004.

  1. Mike M?ller

    Mike M?ller Guest

    > Can someone recommend a parallelization approach? Are there examples or
    > documentation? Has someone got experience with stability and efficiency?

    I am successfully using pyro http://pyro.sourceforge.net for my
    parallelization task (8 node Linux cluster, embarrassing parallel).
    It comes with a good documentation and it is easy to use. It works on
    clusters as well as on heterogeneous networks. You just need to start
    a server on each cluster node (e.g. rsh node1 startserver.py). You
    also need a name server running (maybe on your master node). Then a
    client can just asks a server to calculate and gets some result back.
    You can also send an object that calculates on the server and comes
    back including the result.

    There are some examples included in the documentation you can start
    with and just change the parts that are specific to your application.

    It is easy to understand and use and has been working well for me for
    more than 2 years.

    Mike
    Mike M?ller, Dec 21, 2004