parameters for mediaplayer and html

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Klaus Andersen, Sep 5, 2004.

  1. I use the code below for displaying wmv files in a html document.

    Is there a parameter that can pause the movieclip after a few seconds?

    (When paused i would ask the user to press play to continue the movie.)

    Or is there a way to have the parameter <param name="AutoStart" value="1">
    set to "0" but displaying the first frame in the movieclip.

    Regards to group

    Klaus Andersen

    codesnip:

    <object id="MediaPlayer"
    classid="CLSID:22d6f312-b0f6-11d0-94ab-0080c74c7e95"
    codebase="http://activex.microsoft.com/activex/controls/mplayer/en/nsmp2inf.
    cab#Version=5,1,52,701"
    standby="Loading Microsoft Windows Media Player components..."
    type="application/x-oleobject"
    width="320"
    height="240">

    <param name="FileName" value="http://.................">
    <param name="AnimationatStart" value="1">
    <param name="TransparentatStart" value="1">
    <param name="AutoStart" value="1">
    <param name="ShowControls" value="1">
    <param name="ShowAudioControls" value="1">
    <param name="EnableFullScreenControls" value="1">
    <param name="ShowDisplay" value="0">
    <param name="ShowGotoBar" value="0">
    <param name="ShowPositionControls" value="0">
    <param name="ShowStatusBar" value="1">
    <param name="ShowTracker" value="0">
    <param name="AllowChangeDisplaySize" value="1">
    <param name="AutoSize" value="0">
    <param name="DisplaySize" value="0">
    <embed type="application/x-mplayer2"

    pluginspage="http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/en/download/plugi
    n.asp"
    src="http://....................."
    name="MediaPlayer"
    showcontrols="1"
    showstatusbar="0"
    showgotobar="0"
    width="304"
    height="255">
    </embed>
    </object>

    Klaus Andersen, Sep 5, 2004

  2. Klaus Andersen

    Spartanicus Guest

    Spartanicus, Sep 5, 2004

  3. "Spartanicus" <> wrote in message
    > "Klaus Andersen" <> wrote:
    >
    > >I use the code below

    > Don't post code in this group, post a url.
    >
    > >for displaying wmv files in a html document.

    > Bad idea: http://www.spartanicus.utvinternet.ie/embed.htm
    >
    > --
    > Spartanicus

    Hmmm - ok ... thanks for the link ..

    and ... why not post code here?

    and - do you know a way to pause the clip - embedding or not?

    Regards

    Klaus Andersen

    Klaus Andersen, Sep 5, 2004
  4. Klaus Andersen

    Spartanicus Guest

    Kindly trim quotes to the minimum required, and put your reply beneath
    each section, corrected this once.

    "Klaus Andersen" <> wrote:

    >> Don't post code in this group, post a url.

    >and ... why not post code here?

    Because the group doesn't like it, it wastes space and bandwidth, often
    the content and/or context is missing and frequently the http headers
    are required to diagnose a problem.

    >> >for displaying wmv files in a html document.

    >> Bad idea: http://www.spartanicus.utvinternet.ie/embed.htm

    >and - do you know a way to pause the clip - embedding or not?

    As noted in the document you shouldn't attempt to auto start media, it
    should be left to the user to select to play the media. Attempting to
    auto start it, then stop/pause it and *then* asking if they want to
    continue playing it is silly.

    --
    Spartanicus

    Spartanicus, Sep 6, 2004
  5. "Spartanicus" <> wrote in message
    > As noted in the document you shouldn't attempt to auto start media, it
    > should be left to the user to select to play the media. Attempting to
    > auto start it, then stop/pause it and *then* asking if they want to
    > continue playing it is silly.

    you shouldent judge if it is silly or not when you dont know the reason to
    my choice of the method.

    I have testet the use of the code on your weppage (The correct way to embed
    media (in theory only!):)

    works ok - but i still need to do as i discribed - either show the first
    frame in the clip or start it and pause it.

    Can you help me with that?

    Best regards

    Klaus Andersen

    Klaus Andersen, Sep 6, 2004
  6. Klaus Andersen

    Spartanicus Guest

    "Klaus Andersen" <> wrote:

    >I have testet the use of the code on your weppage (The correct way to embed
    >media (in theory only!):) works ok

    It doesn't "work ok", did you actually read the page?

    > - but i still need to do as i discribed - either show the first
    >frame in the clip or start it and pause it.

    Extract a suitable frame and use it as an image, then let the user
    decide if they want to start the media.

    Look at the page I suggested again, this time properly, it contains an
    example just like that: http://www.spartanicus.utvinternet.ie/embed.htm

    --
    Spartanicus

    Spartanicus, Sep 6, 2004