parameters for mediaplayer and html

Klaus Andersen

I use the code below for displaying wmv files in a html document.

Is there a parameter that can pause the movieclip after a few seconds?

(When paused i would ask the user to press play to continue the movie.)

Or is there a way to have the parameter <param name="AutoStart" value="1">
set to "0" but displaying the first frame in the movieclip.

Regards to group

Klaus Andersen

codesnip:

<object id="MediaPlayer"
classid="CLSID:22d6f312-b0f6-11d0-94ab-0080c74c7e95"
codebase="http://activex.microsoft.com/activex/controls/mplayer/en/nsmp2inf.
cab#Version=5,1,52,701"
standby="Loading Microsoft Windows Media Player components..."
type="application/x-oleobject"
width="320"
height="240">

<param name="FileName" value="http://.................">
<param name="AnimationatStart" value="1">
<param name="TransparentatStart" value="1">
<param name="AutoStart" value="1">
<param name="ShowControls" value="1">
<param name="ShowAudioControls" value="1">
<param name="EnableFullScreenControls" value="1">
<param name="ShowDisplay" value="0">
<param name="ShowGotoBar" value="0">
<param name="ShowPositionControls" value="0">
<param name="ShowStatusBar" value="1">
<param name="ShowTracker" value="0">
<param name="AllowChangeDisplaySize" value="1">
<param name="AutoSize" value="0">
<param name="DisplaySize" value="0">
<embed type="application/x-mplayer2"

pluginspage="http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/en/download/plugi
n.asp"
src="http://....................."
name="MediaPlayer"
showcontrols="1"
showstatusbar="0"
showgotobar="0"
width="304"
height="255">
</embed>
</object>

Spartanicus

Kindly trim quotes to the minimum required, and put your reply beneath
each section, corrected this once.

and ... why not post code here?

Because the group doesn't like it, it wastes space and bandwidth, often
the content and/or context is missing and frequently the http headers
are required to diagnose a problem.
and - do you know a way to pause the clip - embedding or not?

As noted in the document you shouldn't attempt to auto start media, it
should be left to the user to select to play the media. Attempting to
auto start it, then stop/pause it and *then* asking if they want to
continue playing it is silly.

Klaus Andersen

Spartanicus said:
As noted in the document you shouldn't attempt to auto start media, it
should be left to the user to select to play the media. Attempting to
auto start it, then stop/pause it and *then* asking if they want to
continue playing it is silly.

you shouldent judge if it is silly or not when you dont know the reason to
my choice of the method.

I have testet the use of the code on your weppage (The correct way to embed
media (in theory only!):)

works ok - but i still need to do as i discribed - either show the first
frame in the clip or start it and pause it.

Can you help me with that?

Best regards

Klaus Andersen

Spartanicus

Klaus Andersen said:
I have testet the use of the code on your weppage (The correct way to embed
media (in theory only!):) works ok

It doesn't "work ok", did you actually read the page?
- but i still need to do as i discribed - either show the first
frame in the clip or start it and pause it.

Extract a suitable frame and use it as an image, then let the user
decide if they want to start the media.

Look at the page I suggested again, this time properly, it contains an
example just like that: http://www.spartanicus.utvinternet.ie/embed.htm