Parent - Child back to parent javascript thingybob

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by mark, Mar 10, 2005.

  1. mark

    mark Guest

    I have a page that has a button that opens a child window with a search
    function.
    The search funtion contains a datagrid with a button column - this all works
    fine,
    the bit thats giving me a headache is onclick I need to close the child and
    reopen the parent
    with a passed variable.

    i can get it to work so it opens a new parent, but id rather it reused the
    old parent

    eg this is what im using atm :-

    clientscript = "<script
    language='javascript'>window.location.href='Index.aspx?sendid=" &
    e.Item.Cells(0).Text & "';</script>"

    id also like to close the child if i could

    cheers

    mark
    mark, Mar 10, 2005

  2. mark

    mark Guest

    nm i fixed it with :-

    Response.Write("<script>opener.location.href('Index.aspx?sendid=" &
    e.Item.Cells(0).Text & "');self.close();</script>")
    mark, Mar 10, 2005