    only thought to the problem is that both dlls cannot reference the
    same static library. If anyone can help shed some light on my problem
    I would really appreciate it?

    Kodiak, Jul 12, 2012

  2. Kodiak

    Joe Pfeiffer Guest

    Kodiak <> writes:

    > I have two dlls where one dll references the other dll. There is a
    > parent child relationship between both of the dlls. Both include the
    > same static libraries in both projects. The problem I am having is
    > when I try to access a child method in the child dll from a parent
    > method in the parent dll I receive an error saying "Unable to load DLL
    > 'C:\TC9\bin\TEST.dll': The specified procedure could not be found". I
    > have been scratching my head all day trying to figure out why this
    > isn't working. I know all the required dlls are in the correct place,
    > plus I have used Dependency Walker to verify no dlls are missing. My
    > only thought to the problem is that both dlls cannot reference the
    > same static library. If anyone can help shed some light on my problem
    > I would really appreciate it?

    You're going to have a lot better luck if you ask your question in a
    Windows development group.

    Joe Pfeiffer, Jul 12, 2012

  3. Kodiak

    jacob navia Guest

    Le 12/07/12 05:42, Kodiak a écrit :
    > The problem I am having is
    > when I try to access a child method in the child dll from a parent
    > method in the parent dll I receive an error saying "Unable to load DLL
    > 'C:\TC9\bin\TEST.dll': The specified procedure could not be found".

    1) Are bothdlls compiled with the same C++ compiler? If not, that will
    never work.

    2) Did you export the names of the procedure you want to use with
    "extern C" ???
    If not, the procedure s there but mangled by the C++ scoping rules
    and can't be used.

    jacob navia, Jul 12, 2012
  4. The way to get to the root these problems is to try to create a minimal example
    that replicates the issue.
    If you create two dlls, each with one function that calls the other, do you still
    get the problem? If not then mutual dependency is supported, and it must be
    something else, eg C++ style name mangling.

    --
    Vist my website. New halftoning routines.
    http://www.malcolmmclean.site11.com/www

    Malcolm McLean, Jul 13, 2012