    c) Pop-Up window to close.

    What would be the best approach to do this?

    -SJ

    SJ, Sep 18, 2005

  2. SJ

    Randy Webb Guest

    SJ said the following on 9/17/2005 11:11 PM:

    > Here's the scenario
    >
    > Website has a button that pops up a confirmation window
    > when clicked.
    > When the user clicks the "confirm" button in this popup
    > window, I want all the following to happen :

    A popup window or a confirm dialog? Use a confirm dialog.

    > a) Form data on the Parent (opener) page to be submitted.

    Easy enough with a confirm dialog.

    > b) Some (asp.net) code behind executed for the Parent
    > page.

    What happens on the server with the submitted form is irrelevant.

    > c) Pop-Up window to close.

    self.close();
    But, with a confirm dialog that is not needed.

    > What would be the best approach to do this?

    Use Javascript.

    --
    Randy

    Randy Webb, Sep 18, 2005

  3. SJ

    SJ Guest

    Randy Webb wrote:
    > SJ said the following on 9/17/2005 11:11 PM:
    >
    >> Here's the scenario
    >>
    >> Website has a button that pops up a confirmation window
    >> when clicked.
    >> When the user clicks the "confirm" button in this popup
    >> window, I want all the following to happen :

    > A popup window or a confirm dialog? Use a confirm dialog.
    >
    >> a) Form data on the Parent (opener) page to be submitted.

    > Easy enough with a confirm dialog.
    >
    >> b) Some (asp.net) code behind executed for the Parent
    >> page.

    > What happens on the server with the submitted form is irrelevant.
    >
    >> c) Pop-Up window to close.

    > self.close();
    > But, with a confirm dialog that is not needed.
    >
    >> What would be the best approach to do this?
    >>

    > Use Javascript.

    Thank you. Sounds like what I needed.

    -SJ

    SJ, Sep 18, 2005
  4. SJ

    SJ Guest

    Randy Webb wrote:
    > SJ said the following on 9/17/2005 11:11 PM:
    >
    >> Here's the scenario
    >>
    >> Website has a button that pops up a confirmation window
    >> when clicked.
    >> When the user clicks the "confirm" button in this popup
    >> window, I want all the following to happen :

    > A popup window or a confirm dialog? Use a confirm dialog.
    >
    >> a) Form data on the Parent (opener) page to be submitted.

    > Easy enough with a confirm dialog.
    >
    >> b) Some (asp.net) code behind executed for the Parent
    >> page.

    > What happens on the server with the submitted form is irrelevant.
    >
    >> c) Pop-Up window to close.

    > self.close();
    > But, with a confirm dialog that is not needed.
    >
    >> What would be the best approach to do this?
    >>

    > Use Javascript.

    Just out of curiosity, What if I want to pop-up a window with
    some form data that needs to be submitted? Would it be wise
    to have a pop-up like that or just change my design to incorporate
    this form data into my main-page?
    The reason I ask this is because don't browsers like firefox do a
    real good job of preventing pop-up windows? Is it possible to fool
    the browser and open a window anyway? If so, how.

    -SJ

    SJ, Sep 19, 2005