parent process ID

Peter Posselt Vestergaard

Hi
I am trying to find the process ID and path of the 'grand-parent' of my
application (that is: the application that launched the application that
launched my program) on Windows. I have found the
CreateToolhelp32Snapshot/Process32First way of doing it but am having some
trouble with it and furthermore I want it to work on both Windows NT/2k/XP
and this solution is not supported on WinNT.
So do anyone know of other ways to look up process ID and path of parent
applications based on e.g. the PID of the current application?
Thanks!
Best regards
Peter Vestergaard

Peter Koch Larsen

Peter Posselt Vestergaard said:
Hi
I am trying to find the process ID and path of the 'grand-parent' of my
application (that is: the application that launched the application that
launched my program) on Windows. I have found the
CreateToolhelp32Snapshot/Process32First way of doing it but am having some
trouble with it and furthermore I want it to work on both Windows NT/2k/XP
and this solution is not supported on WinNT.
So do anyone know of other ways to look up process ID and path of parent
applications based on e.g. the PID of the current application?
Thanks!
Best regards
Peter Vestergaard
You have no question about C++ - so you're in the wrong newsgroup here.

Check some microsoft newsgroup instead. (microsoft.public.*)

Kind regard
Peter Koch larsen