Paring text in java

MattJ83

Hi,

I have to right a prototype program that parse's info from a set of
apache logfiles, puts this data somewhere and then has a GUI to
interact with this data. Ideally the GUI will be able to update the
data load in data etc.

Is there a way to do this with Java?

I have written a java program that does what i want - is there a way
of just integrating this into a Java GUI?

So the perl script getst the info and loads it into a database - a
java GUI would then grab this information and analyse it. (The Java
would have to be able to run the perl script as well)

Thanks,

Joshua Cranmer

MattJ83 said:
Hi,

I have to right a prototype program that parse's info from a set of
apache logfiles, puts this data somewhere and then has a GUI to
interact with this data. Ideally the GUI will be able to update the
data load in data etc.

Is there a way to do this with Java?

I have written a java program that does what i want - is there a way
of just integrating this into a Java GUI?

So the perl script getst the info and loads it into a database - a
java GUI would then grab this information and analyse it. (The Java
would have to be able to run the perl script as well)

Thanks,

It would be very easy to integrate this in Java, like so:

public class ParseAndDisplay {
private static Data data; // Placeholder for data
data = parseData();
displayGUI(data);
storeData(data);