@parm @topic @doc

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Joseph Moschini, Jun 18, 2012.

  1. I have noticed c source code comments with a lot of @parm, @topic and @doc in the comment area's has this become some new standard in c that I have missed ?

    Joseph Moschini, Jun 18, 2012

  2. Joseph Moschini

    Guest

    , Jun 18, 2012

  3. Joseph Moschini

    Jorgen Grahn Guest

    On Mon, 2012-06-18, wrote:
    > It's for documentation generator tool, e.g. doxygen or something like that.
    > http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/commands.html#cmdparam

    Doxygen doesn't seem to have @doc and @topic though, so it might be
    Autoduck like someone else suggested, or possibly some other tool.
    The Makefile (or project, or whatever) should contain rules for
    generating the docs, and these will reveal what tool was used.

    Personal opinion: Doxygen is nice, but I don't like the very detailed
    and formalized markup -- I prefer to document my functions in complete
    sentences.

    Fortunately @parm and so on are completely optional in Doxygen. Don't
    remember how it is with Autoduck -- I used it ~10 years ago, but I
    wasn't very impressed.

    /Jorgen

    --
    // Jorgen Grahn <grahn@ Oo o. . .
    \X/ snipabacken.se> O o .

    Jorgen Grahn, Jun 18, 2012
  4. Joseph Moschini

    bds14

    Joined:
    Sep 6, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    @parm, @topic and @doc all sound like Autoduck to me.
    You can find an Autoduck User Guide at literateprogramming.com/autoduck.pdf

    If you are interested in moving your source code documentation from Autoduck to Doxygen, I recently created a Duck2Dox project at SourceForge project that might be helpful.

    bds14, Sep 6, 2012