Parse error in pointer to template

Discussion in 'C++' started by Manuel González Castro, Aug 14, 2003.

  1. Hello,

    my code uses a 3rd party library which builds without problems in MS VC++
    6.0 but gives some errors with gcc 3.2. I cannot figure how can I get a
    workarround to make it build on both compilers.

    The problem is in the following sentence:

    Property<SAX::basic_LexicalHandler<stringT>*>* prop =
    new Property<SAX::basic_LexicalHandler<stringT>*>
    (lexicalHandlerAdaptor_.getLexicalHandler());

    gcc gives an error in the first line: "parse error before `*' token".

    VC++ builds fine and I've read that this library also builds with old
    versions of gcc. But no success with gcc 3.2.

    Does anybody know if the sintax is correct?
    Any workarrounds?

    Thanks in advance
    Manuel

    Manuel González Castro
    Laboratorio de Ingeniería Mecánica - Universidad de La Coruña

    Manuel González Castro, Aug 14, 2003