parse error, unexpected $, expecting kEND instantrails

Raju Gautam

I have come to this "parse error, unexpected $, expecting kEND" error
while attempting to implement the Heatmap (ruby and javascript) on one
of my project. I did my lots of tried using different versions of
ruby/instantrails package but could not overcome this error.
Please suggest me anyone how can i implement the heatmap in my site
using ruby.
With Regards
Raju Gautam

Robert Klemme

Raju said:
I have come to this "parse error, unexpected $, expecting kEND" error
while attempting to implement the Heatmap (ruby and javascript) on one
of my project. I did my lots of tried using different versions of
ruby/instantrails package but could not overcome this error.
Please suggest me anyone how can i implement the heatmap in my site
using ruby.

You have a syntax error probably missing a matching "end".

$ ruby -c -w -e 'class Foo; def bar() end'
-e:1: parse error, unexpected $, expecting kEND

You probably want to use an editor that does syntax highlighting to find
the missing piece. Code beautifiers often help also.

Regards

robert