parse excel spreadsheet with password

lovelymmx

I have done quite a lot of diggings, but all I found were examples and
instructions about opening/reading simple xls files.

I need to open and read data from encrypted excel spreadsheets. Does
anyone know how to do that?

cheers :)

Guanliang Liu

Todd said:
I believe you need a password cracking utility, or you
need to make use of a password cracking service
(http://www.passwordbusters.com). Recent MSOffice
versions apparently use 40-bit RC4 encryption.

You can write your own common-password cracking
utility. If you're adventurous and have a
supercomputer handy, you can write a brute force
decryption utility. Maybe, someday that will be a
ruby quiz ... no way to test, though :)

thanks, but what i need is not a password cracker.
I have already found some useful reference on msdn.
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.office.interop.excel.workbooks.open(vs.80).aspx

password could be passed as a parameter into the Workbooks.Open method
:)