Parse querry string with ssi

Discussion in 'HTML' started by SpaceGirl, May 22, 2004.

  1. SpaceGirl

    SpaceGirl Guest

    "Martin Johansen" <> wrote in message
    > Hello group
    >
    > Note: I post this question on this newsgroup because it was the closest
    > to what I am asking.
    >
    > Using server-side-includes, ssi, is it possible to parse a querry string?
    >
    > e.g. var1=text1&var2=text2
    >
    > doing somehting like
    >
    > <!-- set var="var1" value="parsequerry('var1'0)" -->
    >
    > Other hints are welcomed!
    >
    > Thanks!

    Your question isn't very clear. I'll take a shot anyway.

    Say you have a page called helloworld.asp, which includes (via SSI) content
    from headers.asp

    helloworld.asp would contain;

    <head>
    <!--#include file="headers.asp" -->
    </head>

    headers.asp could contain this:

    <%

    pageTitle = request("title")

    response.write "<title>" & pageTitle & "</title>"

    %>

    So now we have an included script that lets you set the page title to
    whatever you like. To try it, you'd type the following into your browser:

    helloworld.asp?title=Hello

    Hope that helps...

    Miranda

    SpaceGirl, May 22, 2004

  2. SpaceGirl

    brucie Guest

    in post: <news:H6Mrc.3115$>
    Martin Johansen <> said:

    > Using server-side-includes, ssi, is it possible to parse a querry string?

    only in a very limited way. if you want to do fun giggly things like
    parsing query strings then you've outgrown SSIs. use something like PHP.

    --
    b r u c i e

    Martin Johansen, May 23, 2004