parse recdescent oddity

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by doolittle, Nov 13, 2006.

  1. doolittle

    doolittle Guest

    I introduced an error in my recdescent grammar with the line

    |'AP'|'CA') <commit> ...Text

    This brought up the error

    ERROR (line 18): Untranslatable item encountered: ")"
    (Hint: Did you misspell ")" or forget to comment it
    out?)

    but only if $RD_TRACE was not set to '1'

    If I put the line

    $RD_TRACE = 1;

    in my module, everything appeared to go OK, ie no errors reported

    ?

    doolittle, Nov 13, 2006